A uniquely creative approach to SEO
There are thousands of people out there looking for work like yours, and making sure your website can be easily discovered via search is a great way to help them find you.
Invest your precious resources in the platform you own
Our websites are our greatest assets online, because they’re the one platform we actually own (and can fully control). Understanding SEO will help you get your work in front of your ideal audience, empower you to serve them even better, and build a thriving community on your own terms.
Do you feel overwhelmed by the relentless pace of social media? Do you want the right people to find your website, but don’t know where to start? Do you worry that SEO is an incredibly technical skill that you’ll never be able to wrap your head around, let alone actually start using?
Put the joy back into sharing your work online
I’m so glad you’re here, friend, because I designed this unique approach to mastering the art of search engine optimisation with you in mind; these are the resources I wish I’d had years ago when I first started teaching myself to grow an audience using SEO.
Because here’s the truth: you don’t have to do it all, you just have to do it wisely.
Intuitive SEO: A Creative Guide to Telling Your Story & Growing Your Audience is available as:
- A free introductory guide and 5-day challenge (available now)
- An in-depth self-paced online course that will take you from beginner to advanced in content SEO, plus a self-paced mini course for people who already understand SEO basics but want help cutting through the overwhelm, clarifying your message, and designing a content strategy that works for you (available now: £180).
These resources have been carefully designed to teach you to reconnect with the things that truly matter about how you share your work with the world, and are perfect for intuition-led creatives and small businesses who want to focus on creating high-quality work that has an impact. They're also great for freelance writers and content strategists who want to up-level their skills, secure more work, and get paid a higher rate.
Website traffic you can rely on
A few years ago I was working for an online magazine, feeling frustrated about how fickle social media was as a platform for reaching our audience, and curious whether I could find a steadier way to grow: the answer I was looking for turned out to be SEO.
Once I invested time into learning SEO and implementing an intentional strategy, our search traffic grew almost 5x faster over a 9-month period than it had done before.
I never thought I’d be able to understand SEO, much less get those kind of results. The world of SEO seemed so technical, so inaccessible, and quite frankly so full of… nerdy guys who love jargon. But over the years what I’ve discovered is that when you strip away the confusing acronyms and spammy emails from strange men with Russian names who want to bully you into “improving” your website’s ranking, the concepts behind SEO are straightforward, common sense—even intuitive.
Ultimately, SEO is about people, psychology, and empathy—not knowing how to code.
As a self-proclaimed “words person” who hates numbers, I managed to teach myself SEO and completely revolutionise the growth for an online magazine that used to rely heavily on Facebook traffic. Thanks to my SEO strategy, the magazine was able to keep growing steadily despite all the dreaded algorithm changes.
If I can get these results, I know that you can, too.
Over the years, I’ve written SEO content for Condé Nast, worked with dozens of small businesses to grow their search traffic, and helped create a training on SEO-friendly content planning for Marie Forleo's world-famous online program, B-School. My approach continues to get solid results in the form of ever-increasing search traffic and web pages ranking on the first page of Google.
Now I’ve poured all of my experience and tried-and-tested strategies into resources that everyone can benefit from...
Some lovely things my students are saying about Intuitive SEO
"I love your approach to SEO... It helps me feel a lot of peace in something that can sometimes make me feel not myself. Your explanation of SEO provides another path for those trying to run a small business. It gives me the ‘ok’ to go at the pace I desire, while staying true to who I am—a quiet creative who wants to create and offer what I can without feeling [the pressure to] keep up..."
- Hilary Sanchez
"Intuitive SEO surpassed all my expectations. Sophie teaches in a beautifully clear and gentle way and the amount of love and knowledge that has gone into this course is clear to see. I was blown away by how much it made me think differently about my website. I ended up re-writing so many pages and gaining so much clarity around who I was trying to write for, which was not something I expected to get from this course. If you have been at all scared of SEO and unclear on how to best make use of your work then this course provides all the answers, not by forcing you to memorise terms and spend hours watching videos, but by gently taking your hand and guiding you to the best answer for you. Thank you so much Sophie, I know I will be dipping into this course for years to come.’’
- Giulia, Giulia Writes
"I loved this course! Sophie explains all the aspects of SEO in an accessible, easy to implement way. I began implementing some changes to the copy on my website, and a bit of the structure to make it more user friendly, and I've already seen an increase in traffic and searchability to my site. If SEO is overwhelming to you as it was to me, I cannot recommend this course more!"
- Rebecca Mir Grady
"I'd definitely recommend this course for anyone who is feeling bogged down by having to be constantly present on social media in order to drive traffic to their site and/or work. This course really showed me that SEO is also for people (and business owners) like me—quieter, creative types who maybe don't feel as enthusiastic about research or strategy—and gave me some really useful steps to begin this SEO journey with."
- Ruth, Raincloud & Sage
“Just wanted to let you know how much I’m enjoying your course! There is such a wealth of information… It is extremely helpful as I get back to working on my website… you’ve given me tons of information to process as I work to revamp it.”
- Bev Walker
“It feels inspiring and makes me excited to get stuck in! You’ve made SEO so approachable without the sometimes overly techie approach… it’s brilliant! I was so impressed with the website design section, it really helped to solidify what my website is about and who it is for... I'm moving towards starting a small business, so this was INCREDIBLY useful! It really opened SEO up to being more than just keywords. I loved the positivity infused through the course... I couldn't wait to jump back in when I could!"
- Trona, Aye Lined
“I wanted to say thanks for creating such an epic course. I joked with a friend that I had got my money’s worth by the introduction! I’ve started to see SEO in a very different light and know my website will be much the better for it.”
- Lynne, Three Wild Steps
"I can't recommend Sophie's SEO course enough... the few simple changes I've made already have made a huge difference to the traffic reaching my blog... Of all the courses I've done online, this is by far the most informative. Sophie has put so much effort into the learning materials. I was amazed to be honest!!"
- Jenny, Notes To the Moon
“Sophie made what could be a very technical process understandable—even for digital-phobic editors. She broke down what matters most for SEO ranking, how to do effective keyword research and implementation, and got our editors out of their writing bubbles to build effective outside links. Search is now the largest traffic source for us, by far!”
- Kara Eschbach, Co-Founder of Verily magazine
Ready to increase your own search traffic with Intuitive SEO? Here are your options...
The Free Intuitive SEO Starter Kit & 5-Day Challenge
This free guide to SEO basics will teach you everything you need to know to start growing your website’s search traffic, with jargon-free explanations of all the core SEO concepts, and how SEO can impact your growth.
When you sign up for access to this guide, you'll also get SEO updates and behind-the-scenes musings via my weekly newsletter, Notes from an Intuitive Creative, along with access to my ever-evolving resource library, full of video tutorials and encouraging resources for creatives and change-makers navigating the digital world.
"I really enjoy your thoughts on SEO... You have a way of articulating it in a way that really appeals to me. I’ve always been so turned off by it in the past."—Suzie
With the free guide, you'll get:
- Access to a four-part video training series designed to help you grow your website's search traffic
- My easy to follow keyword research process, appropriate for any budget
- Tips to help you clarify and amplify your message with a website that attracts and serves your ideal audience
- Ongoing tips, news from the industry, support and encouragement via my newsletter, Adventures in Slow Work & Creative Living
- Access to a 5-day free challenge that will empower you to improve your website in around 10 minutes of action-taking a day, for 5 days.
Best for: People who consider themselves total SEO newbies and want to start learning how and why to grow their website’s search traffic.
Intuitive SEO: A Creative Guide to Telling Your Story & Growing Your Audience (Without Overwhelm)
The in-depth online course guiding you through the process of clarifying your message and growing your website's audience in a way that helps you do less, better.
- Prompts to help you figure out who you're trying to reach and why, and guidance that will enable you to serve your ideal audience even better
- The ingredients every creative needs to make their website a pleasant, helpful, and interesting place to be, drawing visitors back again and again, including guidance from a guest expert website designer
- Important information about ensuring that you're website's a safe and secure place to be, taught by a guest expert who works in cyber security
- An easy-to-understand guide to finding the right keywords for your website and every piece of online content you create
- Step-by-step instructions for optimising your website and blog posts for search every time you publish something (and how to make the most of content you've already created)
- Natural and heart-felt ideas for outreach and collaboration
- Guidance on how social media fits into the bigger picture of SEO, why Pinterest is special, and how to start using Pinterest as a natural extension of your SEO strategy, featuring a guest expert on Pinterest SEO
- Downloadable spreadsheets and workbooks designed to help you implement your very own SEO strategy in a way that works for you
- Guidance to help you cut through the noise and overwhelm, figure out what's going to have the biggest impact on your work, and put a realistic plan in place to take action on what you've learned
- An anti-overwhelm kit included, so that you can work through the more in-depth lessons or choose a lighter track as you need
- Access to two live Q&As and seasonal content planning co-working sessions a year (every Spring & Autumn).
Best for: Self-motivated writers, artists, and small business owners who are serious about learning how to grow a website’s search traffic in a slow and steady way, as well as those who are familiar with SEO basics already, but feel overwhelmed and struggle to put knowledge into action.
Please note: Everyone who purchases has lifetime access, so you'll benefit from all updates and additions I make at no extra cost.
I donate 10% of every purchase to charity—together, we're currently supporting the important work of Preemptive Love.