There are thousands of people out there searching for your work…
Are you ready to help them find it?
Join me inside this course & community to grow your audience, the intuitive way
I’m passionate about making my work as accessible as possible. If you’d like to spread the cost over two or three months with a payment plan, please get in touch with me to set this up at: email@example.com
Our websites are our greatest assets online, because they’re the one platform we actually own.
Understanding SEO will help you get your work in front of your ideal audience, empower you to serve them even better, and build a thriving community—in your own time, and on your own terms.
Intuitive SEO: A Creative Guide to Telling Your Story & Growing Your Audience (Without Overwhelm) is an in-depth online course and community that will help you cut through the overwhelm, clarify your message and ideal audience, and share your work with the world.
Social media encourages creators to focus on what other people want from us, making us fit our work into tight little boxes approved by ever-changing algorithms. Inside this course and community, I’ll be encouraging you to create in keeping with your values and goals, and at a pace that feels sustainable for time and energy that you have available right now.
I’ll give you the tools and support you need to grow your confidence as an SEO writer, and start connecting with all those people out there who can’t wait to discover your work.
£180 for lifetime access. Payment plans available, email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Imagine waking up to a new comment on a blog post that you wrote a year ago from someone on the other side of the world telling you how grateful they are that they found your work.
Imagine a magazine editor reaching out about featuring you in a national magazine because they found your products via a Google search.
Imagine an agent or publisher reaching out because they came across your blog and are fired up about a book they want you to write.
You’re making all of this more possible when you invest your precious time into crafting a website that reflects who you are and what you do in an engaging and thoughtful way.
Whether you’re a photographer capturing meaningful moments, an activist on a mission to change the world, a writer or artist exploring beauty, meaning, and truth—your work deserves an audience.
What’s included in this course & community:
- An in-depth introduction to the fundamentals of content SEO including keyword research, domain authority, YouTube and Pinterest SEO, and website user experience, written by someone with a creative brain, for people with creative brains (don’t worry, I won’t overload you with jargon or ask you to do any coding!).
- A bonus resource/mini course called The Anti-Overwhelm Kit that you can work through if you already have some basic SEO knowledge but are struggling to implement it all (you can toggle between the more in-depth course and the mini course as you like).
- Twice-yearly opportunities to join me for SEO Q&As with the chance to submit your questions and pick my brain, plus access to co-working content planning sessions in the Spring and Autumn to help you make the most of the transitional seasons and regularly check in on your strategy and priorities.
- Additional bonus content and updates that I’ll make from time to time, based on your feedback and my own work as a Digital Content Manager, SEO writer, journalist, and creative sharing my work online. Two bonus resources coming in Spring 2023: workshops on headline writing and SEO for journalists and PR.
- A replay of a live workshop on local SEO for brick-and-mortar businesses that I ran in 2020.
- Permission to relax, take it slow, and use what works for you and leave the rest, plus encouragement to follow your instincts, and write about what you want to write about, in your own voice.
I help people cut through the overwhelm and figure out how to make simple tweaks to their website copy, content, and SEO strategy so that the right people can discover their beautiful work online via search while they sleep/eat/create/dance/read a good book/go for a walk/play with their kids.
What my students are saying...
What you'll get from the bonus mini course, The Anti-Overwhelm Kit:
- A framework you can use over and over again to conduct your own website and content strategy audit and audience research.
- Clarity about your “SEO sweetspot” (keywords that are highly relevant to your ideal audience and your core business goals, that you can actually rank for).
- Clarity about your message and unique selling point that will not only improve your website copy, but also give you more confidence whenever and wherever you’re promoting your work.
- Systems to organise your SEO keyword and audience research that will help you to figure out what to prioritise and how to take action.
- A simple but effective and intuitive process to put your knowledge into action, and start getting search traffic from your ideal audience ASAP.
Together, we’ll figure out where your message needs clarifying on your website, what your highest priority keywords are, and what kind of content will work best for your blog. You’ll draft some brilliant copy for one key page of your website and an SEO-friendly blog post.
I’m a writer, bookworm, and digital content strategist with a deep love of words and stories and over a decade of experience working online to connect people with their ideal audience.
I live in a cosy cottage on the edge of the moor in the South-West of England with my family. In everything I do, my mission is to encourage others to listen to themselves, and to each other, with deeper empathy.
I believe in doing less, better, and in building a life and business that fits with your most dearly-held values (and enables you to spend more time offline than online).
As a creative soul and words person through-and-through, I’ve discovered that SEO is about people, psychology, and empathy. I’d love to teach you how to embrace this slow living-friendly approach to writing and sharing your work…
In my consultancy work I’ve helped people grow the readership of their websites by 85% over 6 months using my own tried-and-tested SEO strategies.
I’ve worked as an SEO writer and strategist for companies like Verily magazine, Marie Forleo International, and Career Contessa. I’ve written for WIRED, House & Garden, Sustainably Chic, Country Life, The Everymom, Brit + Co, Remake, Harper’s Bazaar, and many others over the years, and my work has been featured on BBC Radio 4.
The way I teach content SEO draws on my journalist’s eye for a story and expert knowledge of audience development. Whether you’re a writer like me, and artist, activist, or small business owner, what I share will help you grow an audience for your work.
This course is for you if…
- You already have a website hosted at your own domain name (or you’re planning to make one soon), and/or you help other people with their digital copy and content
- You’re a writer looking to add another string to your freelance bow by adding SEO skills to your resumé
- You want to share your work with a wider audience online
- You wish you had more time to do the work you love
- You prefer a slow and steady approach over the constant churn of social media
- You believe in the importance of care, quality, and genuine connection
- The idea of putting quality over quantity is appealing to you
- You want to grow your audience/community in a way that doesn’t compromise your values or force you into a box you don’t feel you fit in.
After working through this course, you’ll have the tools you need to grow by leaning into the areas of your work that light you up, and sharing your work in a way that feels natural and inspiring. You’ll start to develop a search-friendly mindset that makes optimising your website and any content and articles that you write for online publications feel natural and exciting, rather than a chore.
It’s time to stop trying to do it all…
Intuitive SEO won’t add lots of extra things to your to-do list; rather, it will help you streamline your work and focus on doing less, better.
Your questions, answered:
- How long will this course take me to do, and when will I have access to the contents? Obviously everyone works/reads at a different speed, but to give you a rough idea, there’s approximately 4 hours of reading time involved and 5 hours worth of videos to watch (including bonus videos and non-essential case studies). You’ll have immediate access to all of the content to work through in your own time, at whatever pace works for you. There are two main parts to this course: the in-depth course, and a mini course called “The Anti-Overwhelm Kit”. You can choose to toggle between these depending on how in-depth you want to go. You’ll also have immediate access to a replay of a live workshop I ran in 2020 about local SEO for brick-and-mortar businesses.
- How long do I have access to the course? You’ll have lifetime access (my lifetime, not yours!) to the lessons and all the materials, as well as any updates and bonuses I create. (Bonuses coming up in Spring 2023 include workshops on headline writing and SEO for journalism and PR.)
- Is there any one-to-one support? This course is totally self-paced, however there is a community element: I’ll be inviting you to join me for twice yearly Q&A workshops and content planning co-working sessions, in the Spring and Autumn. I hope this balance means that you’ll have opportunities to ask questions and pick my brains about all things SEO and gives you a sense of community and accountability, as well as being able to work through the resources I share in whatever time frame suits you best.
- Do you cover technical SEO as well as content SEO? While this course focuses largely on content SEO (copywriting, blog posts, etc.—basically all the words and phrases you use on your website), we do explore the role of more technical elements of a website (including user experience, security, site maps, etc.). You don’t need to know how to code for this course (and I don’t teach you how to code!), but I encourage you to become confident analysing your website’s traffic and making changes yourself to optimise it for search. If you decide you’d like to hire someone to help you with the more technical side of your website’s SEO, you’ll have a good grasp of what’s important, and have a frame of reference that will help you save money, time, and most importantly empower you to understand what’s happening on your own website whether or not you’re outsourcing some—or all—of that work.
- I don’t think people search for the kind of work I do—can SEO still work for me? This is probably the most common question I get about SEO, and the short answer is yes—in my experience, no matter what kind of work you do, whether it’s meeting a practical need or a more hard-to-define need, there is always a sweet spot where you can encounter your ideal audience via Google. If your work is for anyone, those people are more likely than not on Google (we all use it, don’t we?). I’ll help you find this meeting point without compromising what you actually want to write about (I won’t make you write lots of lists and how-to blog posts if this isn’t your thing, don’t worry!).
- What if I am unhappy with the course? Do you offer refunds? No, I don’t offer refunds. However, I invite constructive feedback and will work to support you and answer your questions to the best of my ability, producing extra bonus content and updates if there are any areas you need more support in. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions that need clarifying before you can purchase with confidence.
- Do I have the right kind of website or business for this course? If you have a website, hosted at your own domain name (it doesn’t matter whether it’s built on WordPress, Squarespace or another platform entirely), then yes, you do! We’ll cover areas of SEO that are specific to product-based businesses, as well as bloggers, service-based businesses, local bricks-and-mortar businesses, online magazines, and pretty much every type of website you can think of. The lessons and general principles I share are relevant whatever kind of work you do, and whatever you have to share with the world—as long as you want to share that work online via your own website.
- I have accessibility needs—will your course accommodate these? This course is mainly made up of written text, with some supporting videos. I don’t currently have audio recordings of the lessons available, but I’m working to introduce these soon. If you have any special needs that you’d like to discuss before purchasing the course, or would like me to let you know when the audio recordings are available alongside the lesson text, please let me know and I’ll do my best to help.
- Do you offer payment plans? Yes, I’m happy to offer payment plans to spread payment over two or three months if you need this. Please send me an email to set this up: email@example.com
- I still have questions about whether this is right for me—how can I contact you? Yes, I’d love to hear from you! Please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help or have any questions at all.