Copywriting & growth help
Your story matters - I can help you tell it.
Struggle to find the right words to tell people about your work?
Love to write, but are so busy you wish you could clone yourself to get it all done?
Feel like no matter what you do, the right people just aren't finding you?
I can help you tell your story, find your ideal audience, and spark a meaningful connection.
Throughout my career in journalism and marketing, I’ve become an expert storyteller; as well as countless articles, I’ve written pitches, press releases, marketing emails, sales page copy, social media posts, viral headlines, website copy, video scripts, and more.
I'm also a true geek at heart, and love to get stuck into the analytics of a business to find ways to build, grow, and engage an existing online audience. One of my favourite growth strategies is SEO, and I've trained teams and individuals to master this skill for themselves.
When you work with me to craft your copy, you can rest assured I’ll be thinking of how best to optimise it for different platforms and priorities—whether that's growing your email list, reaching and engaging the right people on social media, or getting your dream press coverage. Whatever your goals, my strategic storytelling will help you take your growth to the next level.
Working with small brands that have a heart for making a positive impact in the world makes my heart sing, and it gives me so much joy to help small businesses grow in a sustainable, impactful way. I believe that your story matters, and I can't wait to help you tell it!
My hourly rate is £40/$55. I also offer non-hourly flat rates for larger one-off projects, depending on the scope of the work.
Please bear in mind that I have limited availability, and so it's worth booking in advance to avoid disappointment.
Want to discuss how I could help you, and get a personalised quote?
If you're looking for an all-inclusive service that meets you where you're at and covers your key copywriting needs, along with marketing advice that will help you achieve—and surpass—your growth goals, you might be interested in one of my two copywriting and growth packages, which can be tailored to your specific needs.
My Copywriting & Growth Strategy Starter Package includes:
- A Skype call where I get to know you and your work, as well as your goals and vision for the future, so that I can help you tell your story and reach the right audience.
- Copy for your "About" page—in a collaborative process designed to capture your unique voice in a way that feels authentically you, I'll incorporate your feedback into the final draft.
- Copy for up to two other pages of your website (e.g. product descriptions, sales page, testimonials) or marketing materials of your choice (e.g. blog posts, press release, lead magnet, emails for newsletter subscribers).
- Copy for up to four social media bios.
- A brand growth guide where I'll break down your current sources of traffic, and identify areas where I think your time and energy would be best spent pursuing growth (no more stretching yourself thin trying to do it all), plus advice and ideas for approaching your marketing strategy in the future.
- A copy style guide that will empower you to continue crafting the words you'll need to communicate your message in an engaging and on-brand way after we've finished working together—this will include an ideal customer avatar, as well as advice for maintaining a consistent tone across all of your social media, blog posts, headlines, emails, and any other words you want to put out into the world.
Availability: One-two per month (booking ahead advised)
My Copywriting & Growth Strategy Booster Package includes:
- A Skype call to discuss your most urgent copywriting and growth needs, and outline your key goals.
- A detailed audit of your entire website, suggesting ways to improve the copy for consistency, engagement, user experience, and SEO.
- A full edit of one page of your website or key marketing material of your choice, based on the audit I performed.
- A copy and growth guide to take away with you and use after we've finished working together, including a quick overview of your current sources of traffic, a handy summary of your brand voice and target audience to make sure you keep a consistent tone in all future copy, templates for setting and tracking goals, and ideas for next steps in your marketing strategy to help you reach more of your ideal audience.
Availability: One-two per month (booking ahead advised)
"Sophie was an invaluable part of our team, constantly figuring out what was working and what wasn't to make our content perform better. She conducted deep research on our site and competitors, dug into our numbers to see what was resonating, then took it upon herself to test different options. Throughout that process, she proved herself adept at brainstorming on the fly, trying different styles and approaches, and incorporating feedback from disparate sources to make our marketing more engaging and effective."
Kara Eschbach, Co-Founder of Verily magazine
"Sophie is a godsend to work with. She’s able to enter a business so deeply to understand and represent the heart of the brand. She helped our brand develop and distill our mission by crafting product copy, our introduction and ways to describe our customer, that have proved invaluable. She’s the type to go above and beyond with her work and really understood our purpose and passion, and then reflected that so brilliantly through her writing. She’s creative, strategic, a true professional, and kind. So grateful our paths crossed, giving us the opportunity to work together!"
Rebekah Murray, Founder of Virginia Dare Dress Company
"Sophie is a delight to work alongside. Her wide range of skills, from writing to handling SEO and analytics, never fail. She can always be trusted to deliver top-notch work on deadline (if not early!). As a writer, she has the unique ability to tap into subject matters we often overlook but all relate to. As a strategist, she keeps a keen eye on what's trending and how content can be optimised to its fullest potential. In the fast-paced world of digital journalism, her calm and positive demeanour never cease to amaze me."