Intuitive SEO: A Creative’s Guide to Telling Your Story & Growing Your Audience
Create when you feel inspired, share when you have time, and let people discover your work when they actually need it…
It really can be that simple!
Are you tired of trying to keep up with the relentless pace of social media algorithms that require you to stay constantly active online in order to be visible?
Do you want to spend more time doing what you love, and less time worrying about how to share it with the world?
Would you like to help the right people—the people your work is designed to serve—find your website?
There are thousands of people out there searching for what YOU have to offer… Are you ready to help them find you?
Intuitive SEO: A Creative’s Guide to Telling Your Story & Growing Your Audience will empower you to write with confidence and share your work with the world from a place of joy, ease, and abundance.
Forget posting to social media X times a week. Forget feeling like you *have* to put out content when you feel uninspired, when the kids get sick, when you’re stretched too thin, when your heart just isn’t in it.
We’re going to throw out the rulebook and focus on what works for you; the unique work you have to offer, the people you want to serve, and the life you long to live.
Inside this course you’ll learn how to reclaim your time, plan your content seasonally according to your passions and needs, lean into the ebb and flow of your energy, and build deeply satisfying connections with an audience who really loves, wants, and needs what you do—all without you having to spend more time online.
Creating & sharing your work doesn’t have to feel like shouting into a void.
Being glued to your phone isn’t a requirement of this work.
You don’t have to hustle to have an impact.
Join me to clarify your purpose, tell your story with confidence, & grow your audience, the intuitive way.
Please note: This course is not currently available for anyone living in the EU (see FAQs below for more info.)
As creatives, we long for connection; we long to be of service, to add joy to someone’s life.
Whether you’re a photographer capturing meaningful moments, someone who runs a non-profit on a mission to change the world for the better, a writer or coach helping others navigate life, or an artist celebrating beauty, truth, and goodness:
Your work deserves an audience.
That audience is out there, waiting to discover your work, and your website is the key to helping them find it.
Our websites are our greatest assets online, because they’re the one platform we actually own (and can fully control) ourselves. Understanding SEO will help you get your work in front of your ideal audience, empower you to serve them even better, and build a thriving community—in your own time, and on your own terms, with the resources you have at your fingertips right now.
Intuitive SEO: A Creative’s Guide to Telling Your Story & Growing Your Audience is an in-depth online course that will teach you to reconnect with the things that truly matter about how you share your work with the world; it’s perfect for heart-centred creatives and small businesses who want to focus on creating high-quality work that has an impact in the world.
Join me inside Intuitive SEO: A Creative’s Guide to Telling Your Story & Growing Your Audience to grow your confidence as a writer sharing your work online, and start connecting with all those people out there who can’t wait to discover your work.
~ £140 for lifetime access ~
Please note: This course is not currently available for anyone living in the EU (see FAQs below for more info.)
Why focus on our websites and SEO (search engine optimisation) as writers, creatives, & small business owners?
The problem with relying on social media to connect with your audience is that these platforms are designed to keep people on the app. When you post something, it will quickly get buried by new content, so you have to keep posting, keep engaging, keep pouring time and energy and resources into staying visible. You have to fit your message into limited characters for quick consumption by distracted and overwhelmed people.
When you write a new resource, page, or blog post for your website using Intuitive SEO to guide you, you can do it in your own time and know that the people you wrote it for it will keep discovering it, month after month, without you having to be actively online all the time promoting it. Your audience will be discovering you right there on your website, where you can showcase the full potential and scope of your work.
Imagine waking up to a new comment on a blog post that you wrote a year ago and haven’t promoted since, from someone on the other side of the world telling you how grateful they are that they found your work.
Imagine a magazine editor reaching out about featuring you in a national magazine because they found your products via a Google search.
Imagine an agent or publisher reaching out about a book proposal because they came across your blog and think you’d be a great fit.
These things are all possible when you invest your precious time into crafting an engaging and thoughtful website.
What you’ll get out of this course:
- Tools to research your audience’s needs that will mean you’re never be short of brilliant ideas for what to write about and how to serve your “right people” with integrity and passion
- A deep understanding of the fundamentals of good website design and user experience (no coding required), equipping you to create a website that’s a delight for your ideal audience to discover and return to again and again
- Confidence to communicate your message and connect with the people who need—and are searching for—your work online
- An understanding of SEO as a mindset that will empower you to grow your website’s search traffic without adding to your to-do list
- The ability to take ownership of your website so that even if/when you need to hire technical and design help, you’ll be able to make sure that your investment has the impact you need it to have
- Permission to relax, take it slow, and use what works for you and leave the rest, plus encouragement to follow your instincts, and write about what you want to write about, in your own voice.
What my students are saying...
I’m a writer and bookworm with a deep love of words and stories. I live in a cosy cottage on the edge of the moor in the South-West of England with my family. In everything I do, my mission is to encourage others to listen to themselves, and to each other, with deeper empathy. I believe in doing less, better, in slow but sustainable growth, and in building a life and business that fits with your most dearly-held values (and enables you to spend more time offline than online).
As a creative soul and words person who can’t code, I’m living proof that SEO is about people, psychology, and empathy rather than technical knowledge. I’d love to teach you how to embrace this slow living-friendly approach to writing and sharing your work…
As magazine journalist with almost a decade’s worth of experience working in the world of online editorial content and digital marketing, my heart lies in storytelling, and nurturing the connection between reader and writer.
In my consultancy work I’ve helped teams grow the readership of their websites by 85% over 6 months using my own tried-and-tested SEO strategies. Over the years I’ve worked for companies like Marie Forleo and Verily, and written for a range of publications including Harper’s Bazaar, House & Garden, Darling, and Brit + Co.
What this self-paced course includes:
- Guidance to help you figure out who you’re trying to reach and why, along with tools and training to research the specific words and phrases your ideal audience is using (and the questions they’re asking) so that you can serve them even better
- Video tutorials to guide you through the more technical aspects of SEO (including how to set up and use Google Analytics and Search Console, and submit your website to Google)
- A breakdown of the ingredients every creative needs to make their website a pleasant, helpful, and interesting place to be, drawing visitors back again and again
- Step-by-step instructions for optimising your website and blog posts for search every time you publish something (and how to make the most of content you’ve already created)
- Natural and heart-felt ideas for outreach and collaboration (including guidance on how social media fits into the bigger picture of everything you’re doing online) that will grow your authority and reach
- Downloadable spreadsheets and workbooks designed to help you implement your very own SEO strategy in a way that works for you, leaning in to the ebb and flow of the seasons and your own time and energy
- Guidance to help you cut through the noise and overwhelm, figure out what’s going to have the biggest impact on your work, and put a realistic plan in place to take action on what you’ve learned
- The chance to submit your questions and/or your website to be featured as a case study in the video updates I make several times a year…
- & much more!
Work through the course in your own time and at your own pace, with lifetime access to all updates I make in the future. You’ll also have on-going opportunities to submit your questions and tell me about your wins and struggles.
Plus, when you purchase this course (or any of my digital products, including workshops), you can feel great in the knowledge that your investment has enabled me to gift this learning to someone who needs it but can’t afford to pay. Read more about my buy one, give one business model this way.
This course is for you if…
- You already have a website hosted at your own domain name, you’re planning to make one, or you’re helping someone else with theirs
- You want to share your work with a wider audience online
- You wish you had more time to do the work you love
- You prefer a slow and steady approach
- You believe in the importance of care, quality, and genuine connection, and want to serve your audience with whole-hearted integrity
- Your definition of success involves putting quality over quantity
- You want your business to grow in a natural way that doesn’t compromise your values or force you into a box you don’t feel you fit in.
After working through this course, you’ll have the tools you need to grow by leaning into the areas of your work that light you up, and sharing your work in a way that feels natural and inspiring. You’ll start to develop a search-friendly mindset that makes optimising your website feel natural and exciting, rather than a chore.
Intuitive SEO won’t add lots of extra things to your to-do list; rather, it will help you streamline your work and focus on doing less, better.
Friend, it’s time to stop trying to do it all…
Frequently asked questions:
- How long is this course, and when does the course start and finish? Intuitive SEO consists of an introduction, four modules, and a conclusion. You’ll have immediate access to all of the content to work through in your own time, at whatever pace works for you. Every student has the on-going opportunity to submit their questions, and I regularly update the course with extra case studies and tutorials that address any areas students are struggling with.
- How long do I have access to the course? You’ll have lifetime access to the lessons and all the materials, as well as any updates and future versions that I release.
- Is there any one-to-one support? This course is totally self-paced, meaning that I don’t actively work through it with you or offer one-to-one support. However, I deeply care that you get a lot of value from everything I teach inside this course, and I encourage you to submit your feedback, struggles, and questions regularly, and create extra resources and updates that directly address whatever you share with me. I also love to hear from my students via email, and reply as soon as I’m able with any help I can offer, but as a part time working mother who believes in embracing slow living and spending more time offline than online, I can’t always guarantee I’ll be super speedy in my responses.
- Do you cover technical SEO as well as content SEO? While this course focuses largely on content SEO (copywriting, blog posts, etc.—basically all the words and phrases you use on your website), we do explore the role of more technical elements of a website (including user experience, security, site maps, etc.). You don’t need to know how to code for this course (and I don’t teach you how to code!), but I encourage you to become confident analysing your website’s traffic and making changes yourself to optimise it for search. If you decide you’d like to hire someone to help you with the more technical side of your website’s SEO, you’ll have a good grasp of what’s important, and have a frame of reference that will help you save money, time, and most importantly empower you to understand what’s happening on your own website whether or not you’re outsourcing some—or all—of that work.
- What if I am unhappy with the course? Do you offer refunds? I’ve poured years worth of research, knowledge, and experience (along with a whole load of heart and soul) into making this training, and your happiness and satisfaction really matters to me. I’m afraid that, due the its nature as a digital product, as well as the small-scale nature of my own business, I can’t offer refunds for this course or any of my digital products. However, I always invite constructive feedback and will work to support you and answer your questions to the best of my abilities; and, I’m proud to say that to date, I’ve never had any refund requests or feedback that the course wasn’t right for any of my students.
- Do I have the right kind of website or business for this course? If you have a website, hosted at your own domain name (it doesn’t matter whether it’s built on WordPress, Squarespace or another platform entirely), then yes, you do! We’ll cover areas of SEO that are specific to product-based businesses, as well as bloggers, service-based businesses, local bricks-and-mortar businesses, online magazines, and pretty much every type of website you can think of. The lessons and general principles I share are relevant whatever kind of work you do, and whatever you have to share with the world—as long as you want to share that work online via your own website.
- I have accessibility needs—will your course accommodate these? This course is mainly made up of written text, with supporting videos (hosted on YouTube, which provides the option of captions). I don’t currently have audio recordings of the lessons available, but I’m working on it. If you have any special needs that you’d like to discuss before purchasing the course, or would like me to let you know when the audio recordings are available alongside the lesson text, please send me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why can’t I purchase this course if I live in the EU? In the UK, where I live and work, you only have to pay VAT on your earnings if you make over a certain amount. Unfortunately, there’s a law in the EU that states that you have to pay VAT in the country of your EU customers for all digital products (including courses like this one), no matter your income level, and to do this you also have to pay VAT in the UK. Due to the additional expense and time it would take to do this, I’ve chosen not to offer my digital products to customers from the EU for now. If you live in the EU and would really like to purchase this course or any of my other digital products, I apologise for the inconvenience, and encourage you to send me an email at: email@example.com if you’d like to be notified if this situation changes in the future. And, I hope you’ll still get a lot of value from my free resources. To everyone outside the EU (including people living in the UK), you don’t need to worry about any of this, as these VAT rules don’t apply to you.
- Do you offer payment plans? I don’t have payment plans set up, currently, but would like to include some in the future and am working on the logistics of this. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.
- How do I apply to be a beneficiary of your “buy one, give one” scheme? If this training would be helpful for you but you can’t afford it right now, I’d be so honoured to help. Read more about my “buy one, give one” business model and apply for the waiting list to receive this training for free, this way.
- I still have questions about whether this is right for me—how can I contact you? Please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help or have any questions at all, I’d be very happy to help!
Before we dive into the main course content, we'll set you up for success by exploring what I mean by "intuitive" SEO and having a "search-friendly mindset". We'll also make sure you've got a few helpful tools set up.
Module One | Laying the Foundations: You & Your Audience
You can't grow your search traffic in any meaningful way if you don't know how you're trying to serve: in this module, we take a deep-dive into this fundamental of SEO.
- Introduction to Module One
- Getting Specific About Your “Why” & “Who”, Part One
- Getting Specific About Your “Why” & “Who”, Part Two
- Choosing the Right Words to Spark Connection, Part One
- Choosing the Right Words to Spark Connection, Part Two
- Developing a Healthy Attitude Towards Competition
- Keyword FAQs: Wrapping Up Module One
Module Two | Putting Your Best Foot Forward: Your Website
Good user experience is the beating heart of SEO, so in this module we'll be exploring the fundamentals of good website design and what "user experience" really means so that you can delight and inspire your ideal audience with your online home.
- Introduction to Module Two
- The Anatomy of a Search-Friendly Web Page, Part One
- The Anatomy of a Search-Friendly Web Page, Part Two
- You Can’t Have Great Search Results Without a Great Website
- BONUS | Guest Expert Lesson: How to Create a User-Friendly Website
- BONUS | Guest Expert Lesson: Making Sure Your Website is Safe and Secure
- Essential Technical Ingredients of a Search-Friendly Website: Wrapping Up Module Two
Module Three | Your Relationship With the Rest of the Internet: Community & Outreach
No website is an island: in this module we'll be exploring how community and collaboration impacts your website's authority, and how much Google trusts you.
Module Four | Do Less, Better: Designing an SEO Strategy That Works for You
We've thought about your audience, how to optimise your website, and how to work with others to increase your website's authority. Now we're going to take a look at how to use analytics to plan your very own SEO strategy.
Congrats, you're officially an Intuitive SEO superstar! In the Conclusion to the course, we'll consolidate everything you've learned and wrap up with some encouragement to be yourself.
Submit Your Feedback & Questions
I check your feedback and questions, and make fresh video tutorials to respond to FAQs several times a year, so make sure you check out this section if you'd like to share how you've been getting on.